Monday, January 11, 2010

One Little Word: 2009


Last year I jumped on the bandwagon and chose a defining word for 2009.

And. I. Loved it. It gave me purpose, gave me

I shared a half-year update on my birthday, and now I get to look back on the year and see how it went. So:

The Word - 2009:
DO

How it Went:

Well, heck. I DID a ton of things. It was wonderful to have this thought to cling to when I was tempted to just sit back and let life pass. So I did things this year that were hard--I got out there and made new friends in a new state. I looked for help when I had been too afraid to do so for years. I learned to be more conscious and proactive about my body, my health. I still haven't gotten the exercise thing down pat, but I'm eating better than I ever have. Really. And I'm figuring out what foods are good. I am living more in moments (I still need to work on this) instead of ahead or behind them. I am grabbing life by the horns and pursuing my third biggest life dream (Marry an awesome guy - check, Start a family - check... Two down! And the most important ones! So on to the next... And no, it's not another baby, maybe that's the fourth.).

All in all, it was a great experience. Empowering, emboldening. And looking at it now, I feel very much that Heavenly Father was aware that I had chosen to really go for it this year, because he gave me more than one very huge boosts to reach new levels. And that is kind of amazing.

So now, next, the word for 2010. After these messages. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting, because our 2009 family motto was, "Be a doer." Looks like we are on the same page!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin