Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Word (and Goals) for 2009

I love the idea of having a defining word for each year--a word that gives you something to help you cling to the goals you make in January.

My word for this year is

DO

as in stop sitting on your buns and do all those things you keep saying you're going to do!



I want to stop waiting until I "have time" or "feel like it" or whichever other excuses I use to put off the things I really want and need to do.

On that same vein, here are my goals so you can hold me accountable for them...

Jamie's Goals for 2009

This year I will...
  • Be a better mommy: I will seize the precious time I have with this beautiful baby of ours. I will keep reading, researching, and watching her changes so I can fulfill her needs. I will love her unconditionally and stop freaking out if a day is a little rough (...most of the time).
  • Be a better wife: Take over cooking duties twice a week (Tues & Thurs). Set up dates for us. Work as much as possible from home. Help, support, and cheer on my Steven.
  • Write every day...
  • Read the Book of Mormon by my birthday. Which means I have to read a certain number of pages per day that I haven't yet figured out. Hmm.
  • Get organized. Pick up clutter and put it away as I see it. Have budget meetings with Steve on a regular basis. Sort mail every afternoon.
  • Take care of my body. One dessert per day (this might be my most difficult goal!). No other junk food--only healthy snacks. Go for walks/work out/yoga/any kind of exercise every week day.
Now so far I am probably living up to maybe half of these goals, but I'm feeling positive about this year.

And I hereby challenge you to choose a word for the year!

3 comments:

  1. What an excellent notion! DO! I love it. And I need to 'do' more this year also! Isnt life so crazy after a baby comes your way? I have absolutely NO idea where my life went...but I wouldnt trade it for a thing! I cant wait for your picture post! And now im off to think of my word for the year....

    ps - Ive been reading your goodreads pages - keep em coming! I think Im going to start the Mitford series (as soon as I find a way to get it on my kindle!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are perfect to me already. I DO admire you for being positive and striving to do better. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin