Of all the things I made last year for my year of make, my gift to my mother-in-law, Michelle, is probably my absolute favorite. She asked sometime in November if I would do a paper-cutout family (like I did for us) for her Christmas gift--of everyone. All the kids, spouses, and grandkids. It was a huge undertaking, and took me about a month to complete, but I finished it just in time (literally on our last night staying with Steve's family) and we framed it up and handed it over:
I had a lot of fun stalking my family on facebook to find the clothes they wore the most (for the guys) and on Pinterest for the clothes they wished they had (for the girls). I researched height differences, standing stances, clothing options, and hairstyles. Then I sketched out the whole family, made several copies, and got to work.
Here's our family, with Charlie diving for Grace. :) And me in a dress I wish I owned!
Emily's family.
Framed up and ready for gifting. :)


This is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou missed your true calling: you should have been a paper cutout specialist! TALENTED. oh my heck. not to mention PATIENT! It really paid off - what a spectacular gift!
ReplyDeleteJamie, this is amazing!! So many hours of work, I am sure. I need to make myself try this out!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING!!!!! What a fun treasure for your mother-in-law and so fun that you added personality to each person.
ReplyDeleteI can't stop looking at it! So cool.
ReplyDeleteThis is soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteJamie - Fabulous job! It is OUTSTANDING!
ReplyDelete