Have you noticed our new header? I am very excited about it. In fact, I keep clicking over to our page to look at it. It makes me happy. :)
I don't know how it started, but the idea just popped into my head one night. So I drew out a little sketch, planning out my layers. Then I made several photocopies and used them as patterns. I pulled out my handy dandy knife and cutting mat and got to work. Charlie took the most layers. (His is my favorite depiction because he is chewing on his foot, his real life hobby.) I put everything together using tape (which added some nice dimension) or, for the tiny pieces, just some regular old glue stick glue. Then I scanned them and edited the color, saturation, and brightness in Photoshop Elements. (Notice I changed the color of Steve's pants... I didn't have any blue-enough scrapbook paper so I just changed the tint in PSE). Here is what everything looked like in its original scan colors:
And of course you see the final at the top. But here it is again:


I am in love! This is SO flippin cool! You are so creative.
ReplyDeleteThat is really awesome! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I love it! I know you explained how you did it, but HOW did you do that?!? It's great :)
ReplyDeleteI love this. I had been wondering where you found the perfect paper art of your family. Can't wait to see what you'll make next!
ReplyDeleteAdorable Jamie!
ReplyDeleteThat's really nice! Love it!
ReplyDeleteUm...I love it.
ReplyDeleteLove, Love, LOVE it, Jamie! I had no idea that you had made it. I have been meaning to ask you where you found your darling header and now I know. You are SO very talented. Awesome!
ReplyDelete