Monday, January 23, 2012

TGS: Peacocks and the Best Baby Name Ever


Gracie and I had great conversations in the parking lot the other day, while Steve was in the post office mailing a package.

I wish this could be verbatim, but there was really no hope of me remembering all ten minutes of this story, so I'll give you what I've got.

Gracie: I saw a bird!
Mom: Flying in the sky?
Gracie: Yeah! Where do birds go?
Mom: They live in trees.
Gracie: And nests. And birdhouses. I have a Peacock. And another bird. Her name is.... Pea-mock. She's a smaller bird. And another bird. Named Pea-hawk. They live at my other house that I have. I used to have another house. And another car. It was white. I was driving my white car to my other house. My birds live in a house--WITH NO HALL. AND NO BATHROOMS.
(Sidenote: I like that no hall is equally as terrifying as no bathrooms.)
Mom: No bathrooms? Why does it have no bathrooms?
Gracie: It just has their table in there. If they want to play, they can just go in their bedrooms. They're just outside. You see them? (points outside the car)
Mom: What color are they?
Gracie: They can be another if they want to. They painted themselves! Brown. She goed in her nest, and she plugged an egg out.

(I had to turn around when she said this because I was silently cracking up. Plugged an egg out?! Hahaha.)

Anyway we talked about Peacock, Pea-mock, and Pea-hawk for a long time. I wish I could remember more. It was one of my all-time favorite conversations. It culminated with an argument over whether rabbits lay eggs with baby bunnies inside.

Then Steve got back in the car, and we drove past the hospital on our way to the gym.

Gracie: Mommy, you work at the hospital.
Mom: No, I work at home.
Gracie: No, you work at the hospital. With babies. I used to live at the hospital when I was a baby.
(Sidenote: Thanks for the credit, that was awesome--everybody else acts like labor is no big deal! haha)
Gracie: I have a baby in my tummy. Its going to grow big and pop out! (Indicates where her stomach will pop out--don't worry, she wasn't talking about the baby popping out...)
Mom: What kind of baby is it?
Gracie: Its a girl baby.
Mom: What are you going to name her?
Gracie: Housemaid.
(pause)
I'll also call her Meeve.
(pause)
And Abby can call her Peace.
(pause)
I'll also call her Peace. And Daddy can call her Peace. Everybody can call her Peace!
Mom: Can we call her Housemaid?
Gracie: Sure. She's going to be born. She's a big girl. She can already walk.

Good. If she can walk, that will definitely help her with the housekeeping. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Pea-Mock and housemaid are very lucky to have such a wonderful mother looking after them. Although, their no bathroom situation might have them a little concerned as they grow older! SO FUNNY! I think Gracie is destined to be an author of fabulous fiction when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin