Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another Bibliophile


With all the reading I've done (not to mention my own mama before me) Gracie was destined to be a bibliophile herself. We read her a book every night before bed, all three of us snuggled up on the couch, and she adores it. Her eyes get wide, her mouth drops open, and she is entirely enthralled by Winnie the Pooh's Opposites or The Nose Book (one of my personal faves).

And of course after we read a book she gets to chew on it for a minute, which she also loves.

The best part is seeing her recognize a book for herself. At church last week I pulled open the hymn book, and she flipped out. Her eyes got enormous and she started bouncing and cooing. A book!!! I know what that is!!! I love these things!!!

...can I eat it now?


:)

1 comment:

  1. SO adorable. Brigitte LOVES books too. She will sit and suck her thumb holding one corner with her other hand - I have to tape it sometime! I wish she could be little buddies with Gracie - I think they would get along great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin