Charlie's Salvador Dali hot chocolate mustache.
Names
Charlie: Jamie! Your name is Jamie.
Mommy: Yeah, my name is Jamie. And you call me "Mommy." What's Daddy's name?
Charlie: Um... "Hon."
(And just to clarify, he meant "Hon" like short for "Honey" not like... a mispronunciation of Han.)
Food
Gracie: Everything is food except people, trees, and smoke.
Uh, no.
When Charlie doesn't know the end of something, he just shuts it down with a "No." Last Sunday at church he was trying to read the EXIT sign to Steve.
Charlie: E... X... I... Uh, NO.
When I'm a Little Grown-Up...
Lately Charlie has been thinking a lot about what will happen when he is a "little grown-up." Here are some of the things he expects to encounter:
Charlie: When I'm a little grown-up, I can have a suitcase!
Charlie: When I'm a little grown-up, I can go to WORK with DADDY!
Charlie: When I'm a grown-up, I can have a MANGO!
Fin
Charlie (reaching over me to close a book we'd finished): Let me "the end" this...
Shampooh
Charlie (checking out the Pooh bear on Juliette's diaper): Oh! It's Sham the Pooh!
Sneeze
Charlie: *sneezes*
Mommy: Bless you!
Charlie: Yes! Bless you, me!
Charlie: *sneezes*
Mommy: Bless you!
Charlie: Yes! Bless you, me!
Q&A
We have a "Question-a-Day" journal that I fill out with the kids everyday during breakfast (or dinner) when they are still. :) Here are two of my favorite responses so far.
January 08 - Who is your hero? Why?
Gracie: What does "hero" mean?
Mommy: It means someone who you think is wonderful and brave.
Gracie: Daddy. And you. Because you are brave and you're not scared of anything.
Mommy: Charlie, who is your hero?
Charlie: Uh, no. Never mind.
Gracie: Juliette's not a hero, because she's not brave. She is wonderful. But she's just a teeny tiny baby.
January 10 - What are you especially good at?
Gracie: I am really good at holding Juliette. And also making her smile.
(Same question to Charlie...)
Charlie: I'm playing by the fire. Do you see on the UNO cards? There's some cards on it. I hiccuped!
No comments:
Post a Comment