Monday, January 13, 2014

Juliette: Two Months

Juliette
2 months

Christmas baby! 2 months and 3 days old. 

Sweet baby girl turned two months on December 22nd, and hit her 9-week mark a few days later (which is when I wrote this... and I'm posting it even later, but here's what she was up to then). She is just as delectably squishy as ever (her cheeks and legs, I am happy to report, are getting even chubbier!) and we are enjoying her sweet smiles and cute baby chats.

(And since we didn't get her 2 month appointment until she was 11 weeks, here are those stats: 12lbs 6oz, 23.5 inches.)

At two months (or 9 weeks), Juliette:

Sleeps through the night!!! Glory be!!! I decided to try sleep training her the day after her 8-week birthday, after getting the green light from her pediatrician. I'd read that babies' internal clocks sometimes get stuck on a certain time for the middle-of-the-night feeding, and noticed that no matter what time I did her dream feed she always woke up at almost exactly 3am. The first night was very tearful, which made it very, very sad. I almost lost my nerve and gave up. But the second night when she woke up she didn't cry at all--just wriggled her little hand out of her swaddle and sucked on it for an hour, then went back to sleep for a while. (This was not how it worked for Charlie, so I was so thankful she transitioned more happily.) The third night she slept straight through from her dream feed at 10pm until wake up time at 7am. Oh thank goodness! I love, love, love that we are both getting a good stretch of sleep now.

Eats about every 3 to 3.5 hours during the day (she has naturally started stretching out her naptimes on her own), which is much more manageable than every 2.5 hours. She takes about 3oz per feed during the day from what I can tell (we bottle feed her every now and then), and sometimes takes 4 or 4.5oz at bedtime. She is not very interested in her 10pm feed (which I wake her for), so she may be ready to drop that one soon...


Wears size 2 diapers, and is nearing the end of wearing her 3 month sized clothes. I love dressing her up. She looks cute in everything. :)

Smiles at us much more frequently (Grace counted over 20 smiles in one stretch this morning) and crinkles her nose whenever she gives us a big grin!

Loves it when we sing to her. She hears a lot of Rainbow Connection, Away in a Manger, and Eidelweiss from me, and Gracie likes to make up songs for her. She also (still) loves to look at anything high-contrast, and gets very cozy when you tuck her in the crook of your arm. She puts one hand on your chest and gets incredibly heavy and relaxed (and sometimes even falls asleep). Over the holidays she also really enjoyed laying under the Christmas tree, and staring at her Uncle Tyler.


Dislikes being hungry or tired or overstimulated, but not much else. She's getting more accustomed to being dressed and doesn't usually fuss about her arms being put into sleeves anymore.

Spends her time kicking her legs and flailing her arms (we think she is trying to aim at us a little more with her cute firsts), watching us, sucking on her hands (which she just discovered this week), hanging out on the Boppy or on a blanket (sometimes when she's had enough of us she will start to cry and calms down as soon as she is rested on a blanket by herself!), eating, and sleeping.

Her daily schedule is falling into a more natural rhythm, though it gets thrown off if we are out and about for one of her naps. (But, honestly, usually we are NOT. Haha.) I can pretty much depend that she will eat at 7:30a, 10:30a, 1:30p, 4:30p, 7:00p and 10:00p, with some 30 minute variations, with naps starting usually about 1.5 hours after she wakes. I have to wake her for both the 7p and the 10p feedings (she LOVES to sleep).

Obviously, we adore this squishy baby girl. ♥

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin