Friday, May 13, 2011

made: blooms

I love spring here--there is such a lovely, sharp turn in the weather: the grass sprouts up and leaves unfurl and everyone's yards go suddenly from naked and lonely to bright, spring green. Steve has had a nice slow rotation doing Emergency, with several mornings and even a few full days of freedom, so the first chance we got we packed up the kids and hit the garden department at Home Depot. We loaded up our cart with impatiens for the shady boxes on the porch and petunias, snap dragons, and marigolds for the sunny front steps.


Gracie was very happy to help with everything. She liked digging, breaking the bound roots, planting, and watering with our new purple watering can. We probably should have invested in three shovels, though. Hindsight.


The porch needs a sweep, but now its all ready for lunching and lounging in the Adirondak chairs Steve built for us last summer. :) (Also, sorry this is so late, but this was a couple of weeks ago... But guess what? Everything is still alive!!!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! If I ever tried to plant a garden it would be dead in 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and our yard and lack of flowers or anything looks even worse with you across the street!!

    I am in LOVE with your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I said that and then your header disappeared.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin