Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Third Year

So, apologies. After all the hoopla of STEP and Disneyland, I failed to mention that Steve has OFFICIALLY STARTED HIS THIRD YEAR OF MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!! What?! How is this possible? I keep thinking that we only just moved here, but here we are with an almost-three-year-old, a new baby boy, and a third year med student. Amazing.

The advent of third year has meant that Esteban (thats what I write for his name when I order his Chipotle burritos online, which we did a LOT during STEP) is finally getting his hands dirty as it were--for the next two years he will be doing rotations in all different kinds of medicine so he can learn about them and see what he likes. He started off in the Emergency Department, which he surprisingly LOVES. He even got to help stitch up a man's face on one of his night shifts, which he thought was pretty amazing. And it is, right? This guy will walk around for the rest of his life with a face that Steve helped stitch up. That's kind of cool, to think about your handiwork on an actual person.

This rotation has been pretty nice. He's finished up all his nights early on, and has even had more than a couple days off, which, after all that studying for STEP, has been fun for everyone. We've been making Costco trips, planting flowers, having lunchtime picnics on our porch, and Gracie got to participate in her first car-washing.





We are super proud of Steve/Daddy and all the work he has done to get this far! Over half-way to becoming a full-fledged doctor! Way to go, Esteban--I think you deserve another burrito. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures of Gracie helping with the car! I love it. You've returned a smile for the day. =) And I think you all deserve another burrito! =D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin