So, I've been looking forward to starting this project for a while. We wanted to get Gracie a house for outside so she can go out there (doused with bug spray, cuz the mosquitoes around here are CRAZY!), but everything we found was too expensive. Fun stuff at both Costco and Toys 'R' Us, but again, too expensive.
 |
| Measuring out the gable walls. The nice thing about this basement is that it is huge, decently lit, and nice and cool. So I can do all/most of the work here, without being mosquito food and with less sweating. |
 |
| Painting the trim of the house |
 |
The semi-finished gable walls
|
 |
| The front wall the holes for the door and front window |
 |
| The back wall, mostly finished. We had some paint leftover from painting rooms in our last apartment. They turned out to work well together. |
So, I've been working on this from 9 - 5 today and yesterday, and I am sore, sore, sore. I am in deep pain. I am pumping in prescription amounts of painkillers. I am, however, only one or two days away from finishing. I just need to finish putting on the trim, connecting the walls, and then... the roof. We'll see how that goes.
P.S. The plans for this project were found on this
blog. She does some pretty cool stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment