We started off her birthday with a special breakfast cooked by chef Daddy before he had to head off to school. Grace was a big fan of the french toast (which she called cheese toast) and asked for it again at lunch time.
We took the morning nice and easy. We watched some Sesame Street and then Gracie chose all her own clothes and got no protests from Mommy when she wanted multiple hair accessories and a Sunday dress (fancy, this girl!).
A birthday gift arrived in the mail and I let her open it up early. She played with this awesome princess dress up set from Mimi and Grandpa Curt for almost a half an hour.
When Daddy got home we revealed the awesome playhouse he built for her present (pics to come). She LOVED it!
Then we went out to an early dinner at the Loop, where Gracie enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich and fruit, as well as some snitching of our pineapple pizza.
Love how the cup is in mid-fall in this shot...
Then back home for a washing, jammies, and a present-opening bonanza!
She insisted on dressing herself in the first set of clothes she opened (a pretty little dress from my grandma and grandpa). Pretty awesome look--maybe I should let her dress herself for church?
We did cake with the Pearsons on Saturday, both because friends make cake more festive and because we couldn't fathom eating the whole thing alone. Steve and I made this cake for Gracie as our date night activity. She was pretty stoked to see Elmo, and has been talking about how we made her an Elmo cake ever since. She blew out the candles on at a time.
Then she requested that I take her picture, and this is the face I got.
Photo-op satisfied, she dug into the cake. Just like last year, she skipped the cake and opted to eat only the frosting. Mmmm.
Happy birthday Gracie girl!

Happy Birthday Grace! What a sweetheart she is, I miss her and wish we lived closer! What a perfect elmo cake too:)
ReplyDeleteOh and I love the rug you guys decided on.. so cute!
Happy Birthday little Grace. We love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for documenting every step of the day, loved it! Also, I can't believe (well I can believe it you guys are pretty crafty) you and Steve made that cake, and for date night! TOO cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy B-Day God-Daughter!
Happy Birthday Gracie!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet girly. I loved the pictures of her big beautiful eyes. Also loved the newly showered and all onesied up shot. I loved when Brin would run around in onesies. Seems so long ago because she is so tall she had to quit wearing them before I was ready. How are you feeling?
ReplyDelete