It's raining outside; I can hear it even though it's too dark now to see it. If I were still a little kid we would be watching Singin' in the Rain soon, and mom would be mixing up a batch of chocolate cookies (and I'd get to lick the beater). I will always love rain; that's something my mama taught me. Mamas are pretty important that way, and I like to think that someday Gracie will love rain, too. It's just magical.
I woke up late, but Gracie was, as always, perfectly fine about it. She was just standing in her crib looking around, chatting and pointing to things. We took it slow today, recovering from a red-eye flight that arrived yesterday, late morning, and had all three of us SO ready for sleep at bedtime (and before). We spent the whole day putting up Christmas decorations to surprise Steve when he gets home from school.
It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment