Monday, November 9, 2009

A Week in the Life: Thursday

Sorry. I posted the first in this series a while back, so here is the second day of that week... Sometime in October... It's all become a blur already. :) And now... Thursday.

Wake up at 7 in the dark. North Carolina has taught me why we need daylight savings time. Drive Steve to school so he can study, study, study and then go home to post blog entries (for work) while Gracie plays. Soon I hear happy sounds and see this cute thing coming down the hall to me, all happy-faced and excited.




DSC04747



She points to my knee (and yells "knee!!!") and then wrangles me over to read some books. She has breakfast around 9, apple sauce with baby oatmeal.




DSC04756



We're still working on the spoon.

DSC04759

DSC04761



We listen to the Mikey Show while we fold laundry together--Gracie loves the dryer balls--and put clothes away in our room. Gracie makes off with a pair of underwear which become a super-cape.

DSC04768

DSC04777




This is our hero shot.

DSC04778



She's excited to help me make the bed.

DSC04782

DSC04786



...but then sneaks under it and gets stuck. (I feel a little bad about the fact that I took a picture before helping her escape... But it was so cute.)

DSC04787

I get her all changed, dressed, and ready for playgroup, but she's still so tired from being wakened early to take Steve to school that we end up staying home so she can nap instead. I rest + read (The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands--excellent) while Gracie sleeps, take a little nap, send some emails.

I text Steve and get him to agree to quit studying long enough to meet us for lunch. We hit Panera for Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwiches (our favvvvv) and Gracie tries out a pickle for the first time.

DSC04789

Daddy & daughter bond over a mutual love of Gracie's headband. :)

DSC04803

Steve goes back to school to study while Gracie and I head home. When Steve gets home I have to head out for my first visiting teaching in North Carolina, where I meet my companion and one of our ladies at a Mexican restaurant. They joke that I'm not eating with them because I can't afford it (they were totally joking) and I blush because it's kind of true--I don't want to use my eat-out budget without Steve. :) They're super nice, though, and I'm relieved to get our VT done. I've never been very good at it before.

Get home just in time to watch NBC comedies with Steve, Community, Parks & Rec, and the Office. A busy day, but good, especially because we get good mail (which I believe can really turn a day around): pictures from Susan for Gracie's photo album, and a new magazine. :)

DSC04805


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness the pic of Grace under the bed made me laugh... probably because I think I would have done the same thing as you! She is so cute even when she is scared and crying!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin