Laundry ("bobby") is one of her favorite things ever. I introduced her to it on a whim, and now she power crawls to the washer whenever I ask if she wants to do laundry with me. She loves everything involved. She wants to be lifted ("uh!" = up) to watch the bubbles ("buhbuh") as the water fills up. She loves throwing clothes in the washer. She stands by the dryer door when we transfer clothes in there. She plays with the dryer balls and "folds" clothes while I sit on the floor and fold stuff. She knows that when we go into my room to put stuff away she should put clothes into whichever drawer is open. It made me love laundry, which I never thought would happen.
Kisses are her new thing. She loves to give us kisses. She also loves to sit in laps for story time.
Food has become a new experience for all of us because for the first time she asks for exactly what she wants, either verbally or in sign. My favorite is the yogurt sign (Steve made up... looks like she's dancing) and her requests for a "cakoo" (cracker).
Moose is not only Gracie's nickname, but also her favorite bedtime companion; a huge Gracie-sized moose we inherited from the Howards. And I love that at 14mos she still holds her animal and sucks her thumb while I sing her bedtime or naptime song.
Dressing is her favorite pass-time. She spends a good portion of every day putting shirts (or the occasional pair of underwear) on her head. She likes to crawl or walk around blinded by these things and walk into walls, or just wear them as a hat.
Cans are pretty fun. Her favorite toy right now is a can of pineapple chunks, which she carries around with her everywhere. She even tries to say "can" and is very proud of herself when she calls it a "dee" (which means can, obviously.)
I am in love with her; she is the BEST.
No comments:
Post a Comment