Gracie and I drop Steve off early for school, where he is about to take the last test (except for one final) of his first block of med school!!! Gracie and I head back home, have breakfast, and hang out a little.

We head out to get bread from the donated boxes, and the street leading to church is breathtaking--indescribably pretty, all those amazing autumn colors. I am completely enchanted by fall on the east coast.

We get back home, Gracie goes down for a nap and I pop some brownies in the oven, hop in the shower to wash my hair, and finally get my makeup done. :)


I still have time to read some scriptures, take the brownies out (mmm) and take a quick nap before Gracie wakes up. I usually work during naps, but I am so tired this week (we never sleep well when Steve has a test coming up; he tosses and turns from nerves and I'm a pathetically light sleeper).

I lunch with Gracie. She has bananas, I have a PB & banana sandwich. Steve would be grossed out by this, but I kind of like it sometimes. If only I could have chocolate milk with it, it would be the perfect little kid meal. :)

Gracie is pretty excited to show me all the things outside her window today. I don't know if she really sees birds out there, but she tweets and points like she does. She also gets REALLY excited when a moving truck shows up, backing up and beeping. It's pretty thrilling if you are 13 months old.




At 3 we pick Steve up from school--totally done with his test, anatomy, and the entire first block!!! Gracie is happy he's home and gives him some cuddles.

He celebrates his triumph over the first bit of med school by taking a nice long nap. Grace thinks this is a good idea and takes a nap, too. I really want to join them, but I still have to whip up some food for the recipe exchange (basically a pot luck) we have later in the evening. I make a fresh batch of Butternut squash soup, which is soooo yummy. Thanks, Cooking Light. It tastes like fall.

Steve goes to get Gracie up and finds her very relaxed with her arm out through the bars of her crib. Escape foiled.

Everyone meets at Page's for the recipe exchange, and it is all delicious. Fresh baked bread, soups, caramel apples, yummmm. Steve and I take turns holding cute baby Denzil, and Gracie is awesome. She takes quite a shine to Carson, and vice versa. The only bummer is that CJ gets hold of some of our brownies--which have peanut butter cups in them--and has an allergic reaction. :(


Back at home Gracie goes to bed happily exhausted, and I lay on the couch with Steve while he talks to his dad on the phone. He tells us all about the funeral director's show he attended. Then we cuddle up, plug the computer in to the TV, and watch Top Chef. We have fresh cookies at midnight, the perfect way to end a Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment