Since this Wednesday is our 3rd Annual Wedding Anniversary (hehe) I decided Steve and I needed to go on a real live baby-free date. Our friend Suzi and her hubs David took over Gracie for the day, and while Grace palled around with their little Abby girl, Steve and I made the trek out to the only temple in North Carolina. After years of living minutes away from a temple, it has been really strange to be 2 hours away from one, but I think it made me appreciate it much more. It has been over a year since we've done a session!
So this cute guy ^^^ and I printed out a google map and set out to get lost at least three times on our way. We drove through some of the most rural areas we've yet seen, all the while worried we would miss our session (unlike the every half hour schedule in SD, Raleigh only does 4 sessions total on Saturdays, and the next one was 6 hours after our scheduled session!).
Here is an understatement for you: Steve hates the road system out here. It doesn't make a lot of sense. There are practically no signs. It is crazy nuts insane, and we are usually lost when we go somewhere for the first time.
But!
We made it.
The temple was super cute; very small. It reminded us a lot of the Newport Beach one, but not pink. We arrived with time to spare, and had a really nice time. So nice to sit together in that beautiful white room at the end of the session, it really gives you perspective.And afterward we had a late lunch/early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We cracked up laughing the whole time as we had several Mars/Venus type discussions where I tried to convince Steve to talk more about his days at school and he tried to impress upon me that he would if his days were not so boring. We left holding hands and a to-go bag filled with cheesecake (His: chocolate raspberry truffle, Hers: 30th anniversary amazingness). Oh, love.
But we did miss our girl, so even though we could have stayed out later, we drove back home to pick her up instead, because she is the newest love of our lives. :) ♥

Congrats Steve and Jamie. I can't believe three years have gone by already!! Troy and I are on 13! Yikes! Enjoy every minute.
ReplyDelete