So, I had an 8-day stint away from the most important women in my life. Jamie and Gracie went out to Colorado to visit my sister, Emily, and her new little baby. It was okay for a day or two, as I needed to study for my first med school test, but after that, I was just plain bored.
I had not yet gotten Jamie a birthday present (I'm only about two months late), and it had been bugging me for quite a while. We did get to go to Disneyland, but... I didn't really do anything for that.
So, before she left, I got an idea, and I executed it while she was gone. On Friday, after my big test, I went to Home Depot and got some sample paint colors. I painted them on the wall, decided, and went back later that night and got the colors. I spent the majority of the evening taping and edging, and painted until I got too tired.
I woke up the next morning, finished painting our bedroom, and voila:
After I finished, I was on a roll, so I cleaned up our room, and moved everything to Gracie's room. I put some shows on Hulu on my laptop, zoned out, and just started painting. I painted until well after midnight, and did enough so that all I would have to do the next morning was fill in the spaces between the edging and stuff. So, before church the next morning, Grace's room looked like this:
Happy Birthdays my loves.
That is so sweet! Happy Birthday Jamie and Gracie:) Your apartment looks so cute, I hope I can come out and visit next summer!
ReplyDeleteOh extra points for Steve for sure. Thoughtful gift + hard labor = awesome husband award! Looks great!
ReplyDelete