Now the griping.
There are three things I hate about where we live:
(1) The roads suck. They do, I'm sorry. Usually one road is labeled as two or more, so for example you can be on the 421 North and 40 West and it is the same road. Or you can be on the 85 and the 52, which I think also go in perpendicular directions, at least in the real world. There are also roads labeled "Business" which are different than the real roads. So again, example, the Business 40 is different than the 40. What?!?!?! And the signs are terrible.
(2) Everyone in California who I want to call is alseep until at least 10am here, usually later. This makes communication difficult.
(3) There is no produce here. Well there is some. But it is terrible (goes bad really fast), not local, and waaaaaay overpriced.
The worst is when any or all of these three things combine. Like today.
After a fruitless search over the past week for a farmers market or produce store of any kind, I came across something promising--a farmer's market in downtown. 13 minutes away.
Well, I took the 40 instead of the Business 40, which meant we drove for like 30 mins instead. Then we found the farmer's market. It was one farmer. With a pile of veggies the size of maybe two of our kitchen tables. I didn't even want to see what he was charging. I just kept on walking back to our car where poor Gracie had to sit there again as I tried to figure out how to get to the right freeway.
I miss fresh fruit and vegetables, local grown, low prices. I wonder if I can grow a garden in our closet.
I can solve one problem. I am awake at about 5am in California. That works doesn't it?? But perhaps I'm not someone you wanna call...hmmm.
ReplyDeleteLove, Jenna
I hear you on the time zones messing everything up. I'm also missing the gloriously large farmers' markets of VA... there is a small, trying-hard one here on Tuesdays, but... not quite the same.
ReplyDelete