My heart is a little sore right now with our move-out date from San Diego only one week from today. Things seem so normal here still--Gracie's and my days are still pretty much the same blend of work, play, food, and the occasional nap.
But when I stop to look I can't deny that the date is rushing toward us. Our room is a tornado zone of to-be-packed clothes, books, and knick-knacks. Emily and Rick drove out to Arizona yesterday on their way to a new home in Colorado. Steve's last day of work is Friday. Our countdown marker events are quickly ticking by. And its sad. As excited as we are--and we are VERY excited--it is heart tearing to move after 6 years of being here.
So we had a small final Waffle Night on Sunday. Steve's mom and brother were in town, and his sister Jessie hosted at her place. It was fun to hang out, play games, and of course eat the famous Walton waffles. This tradition will be following us to our next home, but we are so thankful for the friends it has brought us here.

Brett demanded Rick's buttermilk syrup, so he sous-chefed while Rick directed him. Now the recipe can stay in SD as the Ramptons adventure off to Boulder.


Ems (below) is (I think) about 34 weeks along now, and so cutely pregnant, but exhausted. We had her shower on Saturday and she was adorable. With the baby getting bigger by the day, she is wiped out by 10 (I remember those days! :) ). Rick took this shot of her passed out after Waffle Night. I miss her already; I'm really in denial about their leaving. I just don't know if I could deal if I really thought about it. We love you Ramptons. <3

So thus ends Waffle Night in San Diego... For now. We wouldn't mind living in Encinitas again someday--we love it here. We'll just have to see where Heavenly Father wants to take us. These next 11 years should be a good adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment