Every year they put on an open house where you can go walk around the stadium, eat some ballpark food, and watch the kids run the bases and play in a ton of bounce houses. Last year Steve took the kiddos alone because I was
We actually thought Steve might be the one to miss it this year, because he's an intern, so he was--wait for it--working! He texted me that Saturday morning to let me know it was going on, and I was trying to gear myself up to take the three kiddos alone (I think if I knew Charlie would stay by me this wouldn't be worrisome, but he is a bit of an adventurer) when I got another message telling me to pick him up. Apparently they had a slow day and were overstaffed, so a few of the interns were able to swap some hours with each other to run errands. Or in Steve's case, go play at the ballpark with his kids! Yay!
Our kids don't eat hot dogs, so they just ate the buns and drank sodas and wandered around a little.
And admired Juliette as she was forced to dance to "Party in the U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus.
And then I asked the kids if I could take their picture together and obviously they struck some awesome poses, as usual. I'm not sure what Charlie is going for (he was making some kind of camera face even though he looks ticked off) but I think their separate approaches to being photographed pretty well sums up the differences between the genders. :)
Gracie has gotten so big!
ReplyDeleteWe miss that city so much!! I have plans to visit summer of 2015!!
ReplyDeleteAnd, your kids don't eat hot dogs?? Isla eats them like a banana. So she eats just the hot dog; she thinks the bun is a peel, I guess.