Thursday, February 27, 2014

one little word report #4: intellect

Intellect

Goal: Read 4 books each month.

How it went: Pretty good. I think my mistake so far has been the type of book I'm reading. I purchased a large stash of parenting books in January and few through them. While they were good reads, and all great advice, I started to get really stressed out about all the things I wasn't doing "right." There just seemed to be so much to fix! So I'm taking a break from those and just focusing on one improvement at a time.

Going forward I'm going to limit myself to one parenting/self-improvement book per month. The rest need to be fiction! Also, I think page count needs to play in here somehow. In January I read Wool, which is 600 pages (it is technically 5 books combined into an omnibus), and I don't think it would make a lot of sense for me to try to read four 600 page books at this point in my life. :)

Books I've read in Jan/Feb:

Wool Omnibus (Wool #1-5) - Hugh Howey
Abel's Island - William Steig
Discipline Without Shouting or Spanking - Jerry L. Wyckoff
The Parenting Breakthrough - Merilee Boyack
Siblings Without Rivalry - Adele Faber
Shift Omnibus (Shift #1-5) - Hugh Howey (still reading this one)

NEW GOAL: I think this is all. I just want to keep reading. I need to get some books on hold at the library and go to town. Recommendations are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin