Monday, July 15, 2013

Pinterest Challenge #12: Gelatin Facial

So I actually set this challenge for myself a while ago, back when we lived at our rental house. Which is why the background of the photo below is our old place. It was a funny one, so I'm posting it now. :)

(And more Pinteresting things here.)

12. Gelatin Facial
source: Petit Elefant
worth doing again: NOOOOOOOOOO.

This magical concoction, made only of milk and unflavored gelatin, is supposed to be a substitute for those awesome Biore strips that somehow pull the blackheads right out of your pores. You heat this stuff up, spread it over your skin, wait a while, and then peel it off.

What they do not mention in this tutorial is that it smells like DEATH.



Seriously. This is the WORST smell in the world, and it is all over your face for at least fifteen minutes while you let it dry, maybe longer. And I'm sure if your sweetheart went in for a kiss afterward you would miss out, because you would still smell of gelatin. (Luckily my sweetheart was working an evening shift when I did this.) Gross gross gross. Looks sooo pretty, too, doesn't it? It spreads/dries in globs.

But, did it work?

Kind of. It definitely made my skin smoother, and probably pulled a lot of tiny hairs off of my face (this stuff STICKS) but I did not pull full blackheads out of my pores like a Biore, which I was looking forward to in that gross-but-fascinated way in which you might look forward to anything zit-removal-related. There are a lot better ways to get a little exfoliation, and it didn't deliver the pore-cleansing promised.

So, full-on official Pinterest fail here. If you want the satisfaction of a Biore strip, spend the $8 and get the real deal, which will smell much better.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, I tried this same recipe a while back and had the same result. :) Your pinterest challenge is a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwhahaha. And as a mom you HAVE smelled nasty things. So to rank that up higher is pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin