Friday, July 12, 2013

Pinterest Challenge #10-11: Desserts!

Ok. Clearly my husband is busy a lot, because I've gotten a lot of my Pinterest challenge stuff done lately. And blogged a lot. And had a lot of people over to hang out with me. :) Also I've been trapped at home with potty-training Charlie, so I have to keep myself entertained somehow.

This time it was with SUGAR!

10. Single Serve Eggless Cookie Dough
source: Cut Out and Keep
worth doing again: Maybe, with modifications

So every day at about 2pm (while my kids are napping or having quiet time in their rooms and I am having MY quiet time downstairs) I start to crave something sweet. For a while I had chocolate stocked up in the pantry, but between Steve and I we worked through that pretty quickly. So I had a sugar emergency, and thought I may as well try a Pinterest recipe.



This stuff was fairly easy to make, and great because it is egg-free so it is pregnant-girl friendly, but it wasn't fantastic. The only alteration I made was to soften my butter a little. AND I only had milk chocolate chips on hand--I am a die-hard semi-sweet girl when it comes to chocolate chips (but milk chocolate in candy bars, obviously)--so that put a damper on the relationship immediately.

Next time I would use half brown sugar and half white (instead of all white) and semi-sweet chips instead of milk (yuck). I might add the TEENSIEST bit of salt, too, to tame the sweetness. Maybe the little bitterness of semi-sweet chips would do that, though? AND I would chill it. Personal preference. I felt like this COULD be really yummy, if I could tweak it just the right way.

And it looks good perched on a baby belly, don't you think?


11. Chocolate Covered Oven-Baked S'mores
source: Love from the Oven
worth making again: Yes. Yum.

I LOVE S'MORES. But rarely have occasion to eat them. I got invited to a girl's night last night, and we were all supposed to bring a dessert sooo I made these. (I actually made them once before, but it was over a year ago, so I had to go back to Pinterest for the instructions.)

They came out fab, but I think I got overly aggressive with the marshmallow because they were a hot mess between the baking (which only takes 3 minutes) and the dipping-in-chocolate portion. Next time I would use 1.5 marshmallows per s'more, instead of two full mallows. ALSO, space them out well on your cookie sheet, or they will be a mass of marshmallow polkadotted with graham crackers.


So yum. They were a hit last night. And I have several left over for my naptime sugar cravings. I would also share with you, so come visit me. :)

And I only had half a bag of chocolate (the meltable Wilton kind from Michael's). So next time I would use a full bag so I could have more chocolate coverage. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've actually been making myself s'mores lately. :) I bought the stuff at the store a couple of weeks ago and I pop it in the microwave at night and make a little snack. This recipe looks great! Like a "high class" s'more. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin