Friday, February 22, 2013

Things They Say: Fashion, Parentage, and Doughnuts

A recent Gracie self-portrait. She even sounded out and wrote "I am Gracie."

Fashion and Divinity.

As Gracie and I were driving to a Valentine's party at church, she sat in the back seat admiring her pink polka-dotted boots. Suddenly, she asked me how Jesus could see us, and if it was because He was in Heaven.

Gracie: Can Jesus see us now?
Mommy: Yes.

Then there was a pause so long I thought she had moved on before:

Gracie: I hope he can see my boots, because they're pretty cute.

Uncertain Parentage.

Back in the day, Gracie thought a guy on the Sandals commercial at the beginning of Sesame Street was Steve. She also thought Aladdin was Steve. So it actually made much more sense that when the Blues Clues guy announced that his name was Steve, Charlie said:

"Is that Daddy? Is that Daddy? IS THAT DADDY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Doughnuts.

When Charlie and doughnuts were introduced, a love affair began. Since Krispy Kreme is headquartered in Winston, we drive past their building on the way to church every Sunday. Recognizing the logo, Charlie starts shouting, "Donuts! Donuts!" It is almost tradition at this point.

Lately, he's been thinking about them aloud a lot. He'll just be sitting in his carseat, or he'll wander into the living room, rest his hand on a chair's armrest, and say, "Should we have doughnuts?"

2 comments:

  1. These are my two favorite comments of all of the ones you have shared! Hilarious. What did the boots look like? And, does Charlie have a preference of donuts? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We BOTH know that that's how you're getting a little extra flow by Steve doing some Blue's Clues action on the side...................
    Oh, have you tried the Oreo specialty flavor yet at Krispy Kreme?!?!?! I can't WAIT to try one!!!!! (The boot comment was the BEST)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin