So Charlie has been around for over 2 years now, and I have yet to show you his room. These pictures are old, but since we'll be moving him into a big-boy bed sometime in the near future (and he currently has that AND a crib in here right now) I wanted to document his baby-room--this is pretty much what it looked like when he was a teeny thing! (Well, as teeny a thing as the baby-hoss ever was, anyway.)
We wanted it to be very bright and colorful. Something to stimulate playtime and make the room cheery even on gloomy or cloudy days. We started with the bedding (and I've just realized I didn't get a good picture of that because I'd just changed his cute sheets that day for some white ones) which Steve and I picked together after MUCH debate. :) Then Steve painted the walls for me as a surprise gift--I came home from my baby shower (with Charlie still tucked under my ribs), and he had the whole room painted sky blue!
My friend Page did his name for us in vinyl (so it is renter-friendly) and Steve put it up above his window. The changing table (which was mine as a baby) was used for toys and storage. He was so big even at birth that I've always just laid him on the floor for changes. :)
The little brown arm chair was in our room when we first got married, then in Gracie's when she was littler, and migrated to Charlie's room (Gracie got a cool tent from her grandparents which took its place), and the toy bins came from our friend Wendy.
I made the bunting (the little banner, boys) while I was pregnant with him. I made my own bias tape (the green strip at the top) and it took forever. I don't think I ever want to make my own again. Did you know you can buy it at Joann's? You can. :) And for the little flags--I didn't want to sew all the edges, so I just cut them out with pinking shears. They've been up for almost two years, and since they're not getting washed or anything they've held up perfectly. I love all that color way up high. :)
He still needs a couple more photos on his walls, but moving day is slowly looming, so he may have to wait until his next bedroom. :)
There is a framed "Charlie Ticket" that Grandpa Curt brought for him when I was still pregnant.

His room is cute! I love the bunting banner and the bright happiness all around :) Cute room for a cute little boy.
ReplyDeleteI never can comment, because blogger hates my phone. :(
ReplyDeleteI love little peeks and glimpses into people's lives, so this was fun! The room is adorable!!