Pockets.
Charlie recently became very interested in pockets. The other day when I was taking him out of the car, he told me he was "all done" with his snack.
Charlie: I put it your pocket?
Mommy: No, you keep it.
Charlie (very, very charmingly): I put it your pocket?
I relented, because he was adorable. And he put it in what he deemed to be my best snack-sized pocket, by putting his snack cup down the front of my shirt.
On the phone.
Charlie likes to play on hotel phones (we unplug all the phones when we enter a hotel room).
Charlie pretend-talking on the phone to Daddy: "Helloooooh! Okay, have fun, Daddy! Okay, bye. Okay, bye."
And then to Caden, "Helllooooh, Caden! Have fun, hospital! (Their daddies both work at the hospital). Okay, bye. Bye bye, Daddy. Okay bye."
And then to Daddy, about Caden, "Hellooohhh. Caden my friend! Okay byebye! Say love you, Daddy! Say looooove you. Say looooove you. Goodbye!"
Hotels have the best toys.
Charlie found the clock radio in our hotel room and is dancing/drumming along to Nirvana's /Heart Shaped Box/. "It's man singing! Please dance!" he told me. And then, "I LIKE this one!"
Then he accidentally turned the radio off and said, "It need batteries."
Earlier he came out of the bathroom whimpering, hands and shirt covered in soap saying, "I want wash body!" Shirts are always in the way aren't they?
Snow.
It snowed on Friday, so I scooped Charlie up and took him to look at it through the front door.
Mommy: What do you see?!
Charlie (concerned): It's yucky!
M: It's not yucky, buddy, it's snow.
C (surveying the white ground suspiciously): It's messy snow.
I read a few posts at once and my thoughts are: I love the idea of engaging more. I feel like I am constantly telling the kids that I can't play because I have to clean, but really I just need to better manage my time and put them first.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I loved the story about the construction workers that washed your car and I was sad to read about your car being broken into. That happened to us in Provo once and it was just sad. Especially since the police officer there said that it was most likely a drug user looking for things to pawn.
Lastly, I just read about your Gal-entine's Day for the first time (it was a link from your top 50 list) and it sounds awesome. I miss you gals so much! It was and is a great group of fun girls. I felt so supported and loved there in Winston. It was the perfect place to go to med school. If we can't still live there, I am at least glad that we live by my family now because without them I would be so lonely during residency.
It sounds like you've had a great 4th year so far. I can't wait to see where you end up after the Match! :)