Saturday, December 8, 2012

Things They Say: Santa, Printers, and more struggles with Obedience.


Nosey.

Charlie woke up from his nap with a stuffy nose. He sniffed noisily a couple of times, pointed to his nose, and said, "It's too loud."


Sugar high.

Steve and I have slowly been working on a 1lb Toblerone bar (delicious, delicious chocolate), which Charlie found on Steve's nightstand one morning. He picked it up.

Mommy: What is that, Charlie?
Charlie: It's a cookie!
Mommy: It's candy.
Charlie: I like candy!
Mommy: It's not for playing, okay? It's Daddy's. (He usually responds pretty well to this...)
Charlie (clinging to it): No!!! I NOT give it Daddy!!!


Pennies from heaven.

Gracie brought a dime in to show me:
G: Sometimes I find these strange pennies that I like...


Stay on Target.

I was carrying Charlie through Target (so he wouldn't get in to mischief) and he decided he wasn't so into that arrangement.

Charlie: I want down.
Mommy: You want down?
C: Yes.
M: Sorry buddy, I have to hold you.
C: I NOT hold you!
M: Yeah, I have to hold you.
C: Obey me. Obeyyy me!


Maybe I'm Amazed

Gracie seems to think the new printer has magical properties. Anytime I print something she shouts, "More papers!" and runs to the printer to retrieve them. Then she delivers them to me, noting, "It's from the PRINTER," in the way one might say "It's from SANTA."


Here Come Santa Claus

When Santa just arrived at the nativity...


G: He wanted to get his wife and his Christmas tree. That's why he goed to Jesus, because he left everything there!



Oh Christmas Tree.

The kids were super excited to put the Christmas tree up, especially when we got to the turn-on-the-lights stage. Since Charlie is still new to this Christmas thing, he wasn't quite sure what to say to celebrate.

(Daddy plugs in the tree and it lights up like a firework.)
Charlie: Halloweeeeeen! Happy birthday!!!



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin