Friday, December 7, 2012

Hair-izona

I mentioned in this Xena-themed post that I drove solo with the kids from Mesa, AZ to Las Vegas, NV back in October, while Steve was doing an away rotation at UNLV (he just worked at their hospital for a month to get a feel for it, so he would know if he wants to work there next year when he is a DOCTOR!!! Whaaaat?!). But I didn't tell you why I was there!

While he was working, the kids and I were playing. :) We had planned to spend the whole month in Vegas, too, but when those plans fell through we decided I should check in with my BFF Suzi and see how she felt about some quality time at their new place in Arizona.

Grace was over the moon. She'd been talking about "Hair-izona"since her bestie Abby moved there in May, and was quite pleased to be hopping a plane (or two) to reunite (especially since Mom packs snacks, iPods with movies, and candy--treats we rarely enjoy outside the airplane!).

We left on a 6am flight (which I booked on purpose after reading this list of tips for traveling with kids--and they did GREAT) and were landed in Arizona by 9:30am their time! And then ten days of fun ensued.

The girlies were thrilled to be together and even planned out their matching butterfly outfits (see how their shirts coordinate?). We went to the gym (where they played) and the park (where they played some more) almost every day, and wove in plenty of fun for the boys and the mommies as well.


During the boys' naps Suz and I would camp out on her bed to watch movies while the girls enjoyed the same treatment downstairs (big deal for Gracie, whose quiet time NEVER involves TV--they were in heaven).


The happy/adorable view from the front seat of the van. There were LOTS of van-dance-parties to be had, and the girls got pretty into their renditions of Call Me Maybe.


It was like treat-yo-self (name that quote anyone?) week! I did crazy things like... STYLE MY HAIR!


We also lucked out, because there were a few days when we mommies got to head out solo for a few hours. David's mom let my kiddos stay for Grandma Day for a few hours TWICE, where they played with the Pearson cousins and ate pizza (rough morning huh?) while Suz and I shopped at Last Chance and ate at Oregano's or Cafe Rio. We actually even got a sitter one evening so we could go out for a girls' night with some of Suzi's roommates.

...and then it was back to the park!


I really like Cafe Rio... I made at least three trips while we were out west...


There's no picture of my kids, because that side of the table was melting down. :)


It was pretty cute to watch Charlie and Tyler play together. They were particularly fond of going up and down the stairs over and over.


Pilgrimage to Sprouts to choose yummy snacks from their big bins. Miss Sprouts/Henry's so much!




And Charlie tasted his first snow cone (he was a fan)...


...as we unsuccessfully tried to get a picture of the girls where both of them were looking at the camera AND making normal faces. They were too involved in their treats to be interested in that activity.




Even though we were headed for a fun week in Vegas, I got pretty worked up as I pulled out of their driveway at the end of the week. BFFs.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I didn't realize how much I missed Suzi until I saw these fun pictures of you guys together! And if I miss her you must REALLY miss her! I'm glad you got to go on that fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin