Friday, October 26, 2012
Things They Say: "I'm NOT Awesome!"
Guess what? At 22 months, Charlie is officially conversational! Which means it is time to rename TGS (Things Gracie Says) to include him. :)
Charlie is very fun to talk to. He thinks solemnly about each word in his sentences, so he often sounds a little like one of those pre-recorded messages you get from your doctor's office with your name plugged awkwardly into it. It is adorable. I have punctuated accordingly, so you can get the feel for his dialect. :)
Anyway, here are his first official quotations.
In the car...
(A few hours into our roadtrip from AZ to Las Vegas, Charlie had had it with being in the car. He started pulling on his buckles and crying.)
Charlie (wailing): I'm NOT. HAPPYYYYYYY!
After finding Steve's deodorant on the counter...
Charlie pulls the lid off, and declares, "Yummmyyyyyy!!!!" (Conversely, he screamed and cried, WITH tears, for about four minutes when I tried to get him to eat a fresh Cafe Rio quesadilla on a handmade tortilla.)
By the pool today...
Background... Gracie likes to sing a song to Charlie that she learned at preschool. It goes:
My father owns a butcher shop,
My mother cuts the meat,
And I'm a little HOTDOG!
...who runs around the street!
Charlie sings the last word of each line, and then they crack up uncontrollably. Anyway, that is important for you to understand this conversation that Charlie and I had after I sang to him while he sat in my lap by the pool today:
(Mommy finishes singing.)
Charlie: Yay! Good. Singing!
Mommy: Oh thank you!
Charlie: So. NICE!
Mommy: Thank you!
Charlie: That's. Awesome!
Mommy: Thanks! You're awesome!
Charlie (mildy offended): I'm. NOT. Awesome.
Mommy: You're not awesome?
Charlie: NO. (pleased) I'm HOTDOG!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hahaha! This is awesome. I love when you do these posts. Please try to record him talking!
ReplyDelete