Saturday, July 21, 2012

Twenty-seven.

I was a little nervous about this birthday, because, well, Steven was in Texas. And my parents were in Washington. And I just didn't know if it could feel... birthday-y.

Luckily I was staying with Steve's parents, and his Mama is pretty much the queen of celebrations. I love how enthusiastic she gets about Christmas decor and prettying up a Thanksgiving table, and guess what? That talent extends to birthdays. :)

So I woke up with the kiddos, and Michelle broke out the birthday tablecloth and napkins, with fancy red plates and goblets for our milk or juice.


We had homemade buttermilk waffles (the BEST) with strawberries, butter, and homemade syrup. It was DIVINE. And look how mine are on the SPECIAL plate AND are shaped like hearts!


I've been working on a little children's book, so Steve's dad Curt also set me up with a special treat for that morning: I got to meet with a woman he knows who writes books for kids. She gave me some great insights to the publication industry, and was very sweet and fun to talk to.

When I got home Charlie was ready for a nap, so Grace and I adjourned to the porch to color some princess pictures.



We had a relaxing afternoon in downtown Los Gatos, poking through the stores and letting the kiddos play in a little park.


And for dinner, per my request, Curt grilled up some corn and burgers and we dined al fresco in the backyard... After which I blew out a candle on the BEST cupcake I've ever had. I wasn't really a cupcake believer until this one... But I decided to save it for later so I wouldn't have to share.


I put Charlie to bed and skipped off for some time to myself at Barnes & Noble, and then chatted on the phone with my hubs while browsing through Marshall's. When I got home, Gracie and Adelaide (who was sleeping over) were watching The Little Mermaid on the couch with Mimi. I secreted myself in the kitchen to browse Pinterest and eat my cupcake in very, very small bites. It was a delicious end to a wonderful day.

And it didn't hurt that Steve gave me the BEST birthday present I've ever gotten, which I will detail for you next time. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my is that an icing on the cake chocolate cupcake?? Those are INCREDIBLE! Happy (belated) birthday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin