Steve is, as of this day, officially a 4th year med student! Woohoo! We aren't quite sure how it happened, because third year, though hard sometimes, really flew right by. I literally can't remember which month it is most of the time. We are, obviously, utterly thrilled to have only one year of med school left, and are gearing up for a great year of interesting and/or easier rotations, applying for residencies(!!!) and celebrating this last fun year with our friends here in WS.
To celebrate the boys' accomplishments, a bunch of third-year (now fourth year!!!) couples went out on a big group date last night to 4th Street Filling Station, where we all spent too much money on yummy food and chatted and ate and enjoyed each other and the ambiance. (I stole all these photos from Christie--our camera charger is MIA... Thanks Christie!)
All of us (AND some fabulous peanut-gallery action in the background):
With the Swords (they are both med students who met and got married here!):
McClains & Nickles (and Alex's super fly trout tie, allegedly an Armani original):
It was so fun to go out and just be a couple, hold hands, and talk to people we love for hours. We've been sad that all our fourth year friends are graduating and leaving us (and we still are sad to lose you guys!) but last night was a fun reminder that we've got lots of good times ahead with our own year--and now we're the mature, experienced ones. ;)



I love the photobombers in the background. I admit that I purposefully tried to photobomb people before just so they could chuckle at it later. :)
ReplyDeleteAs far as residencies go... I would not complain if you came to or near Los Angeles! :D (They say LAC/USC is the premier place for military doctors to receive training on gunshot wounds! The ghetto does serve a purpose.)
Yay for fun group dates! That was fun. It would have only been made better if I could have actually talked to you! ;) We'll rotate next time.
ReplyDelete-Madeline