Tuesday, December 6, 2011

TGS: Early to Rise, New Arrival, & Odd Requests


Early Riser

Steve gets up early (much too early for me to want to get up) so for the past month or so Gracie has been trying to get up when he does, even though she KNOWS she's not allowed out of bed before 7am.

But she's always got a good reason she's gotten up too early, like
"Daddy, my teeth aren't shiny."
or
"Mommy, I have air in my mouth."

Non-Sequiter


This morning I was browsing Pinterest (couldn't get back to sleep after Steve left) and Gracie climbed in bed with me. She saw a little puzzle and cried out,
"Jesus! I LOVE Jesus!"
Which made me all warm and fuzzy--I mean how sweet is that?

And it was followed immediately (I mean practically in one breath) by
"Do you want to smell my elephant's tail?"

She's asked me to do this three times now since she's been snuggled up with me. She keeps smelling it and reassuring me that it smells great. She is totally peer pressuring me RIGHT now to smell her elephant's tail! Most recent interaction:

Gracie: If you say no thanks, then I have to do it all by myself to you. I'm just twisting it then you can smell it.
Mommy: No thank you.
Gracie: (pushing the tail in my face) There. I put it in your nose and smelled it.

Also, instead of buffalo she says "Buppalo." Which I love.

Holiday Confusion

Gracie: I want a Christmas costume.
Mommy: Well, you don't wear a costume for Christmas. But there is a big tree with lots of lights and ornaments on it.
Gracie: Oh. I want to eat leaves when I'm a fly. (....WHAT?????)

Brother


And, as many of you already know, Steve and I have become parents again: Gracie recently informed me of the arrival of her three-year-old brother Yoo-Hoo. I just asked her to tell me about him, and this is what I got, verbatim:

"My brother named Yoo-Hoo is went--was a baby and she--and Yoo-Hoo--was a kind of a girl that matches my shirt. And then we both have these kind of jammas. And Yoo-Hoo is a kind of my friend and she is my brother! Do YOU have a Yoo-Hoo like I?

"Once upon a time there was Yoo-Hoo in my book that I was reading in my castle. And my castle said NO MORE READING and then I was kept reading when my castle said. And Yoo-Hoo comed out and then sayed hi! Did you know that?"

3 comments:

  1. We have to hang out, soon. I MUST get to know Gracie better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, sometimes when I (attempt to) interview 3 or 4 year old kiddos for my court reports, I purposefully put their completely random, non-relevant (as far as the report I am writing) comments or tangents like this in the court report just to give the judges and attorneys a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin