Thursday, December 8, 2011

Some Rugs Have All the Luck

There are a couple things that are (or have, I guess) "bad luck" at our house. And by that I mean they get peed or pooped on within hours of coming near a child. Gracie (as a baby) and Charlie both had a few items of clothing that, almost the moment they get put on, they have to be stripped back off, and child plopped into the bath. (The clothing thing now no longer applies for Gracie, who now only has an accident--pee only--once about every two months. Just wanted to give her credit for being AWESOME.)

There is one non-clothing item that has this luck, too: the bathmat. It is soft, fluffy, and wonderful, shielding our feet from the freezing cold floor after a warm shower, BUT it is usually only in place for a day. Aside from Gracie and Charlie both peeing on it (potty training was particularly rough on it), it has been peed and even poop-dribbled (TMI sorry) on by neighbor kids and co-op kids alike.

Last night Steve put it out, freshly laundered from its latest incident, and then came out joking that he had already peed on it so I should be careful where I stepped. Haha.

But then, when Grace got up this morning:


Does anybody else have this phenomenon? I find it fascinating--almost like an experiment, now. How long will it take for the rug to be maligned??? Let's make a hypothesis and chart it in our science journals!

Back to the laundry we go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin