Monday, November 29, 2010
Thanksgiving
We really missed having Thanksgiving with our families back in CA, but lucky for us a lot of our friends here stuck around, so we had a really fun weekend.
Wednesday night we hung out with the Pearsons, and the girlies got to make these awesome turkeys!
Thanksgiving day we noshed with 4 families from church--the Swensons bravely took on the turkey, gravy, and a banana dessert, and the rest of us contributed rolls, applesauce (us), pie, salad (Pearsons), mashed potatoes, jello salad (Kunz), and sweet potatoes (Kelleys). There might have been a few more things... those are the things I remember from eating. We had a really good spread, and it was low key and fun, and the kids got to run around and wear themselves out for naptime.
We got our house clean (Steve did most of this--he was awesome) and put up all the Christmas decorations over the next few days, and even worked in Gracie's first trip to a movie (she went with her friend Abby and respective Mommies to see the new Disney princess movie, Tangled) and a morning date for Steve and I to see the new Harry Potter (so fun!). We Black Friday shopped a little (picked up a new, more grown-up fake tree for the family room and some jammies for our PJ box, and Steve got some new video games), and had an evening of games and pizza with the Pearsons. Last night we were so worn out from our weekend that we just hung around the house, decorated the tree, and crashed on the couch.
Perfect weekend. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Gracie's expression in this picture!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, Gracie's face is classic in this picture! I'm glad you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving, I am thinking about you all the time and am hoping that your little Charlie will come out soon!
ReplyDeletehaha is that Gracie's pumpkin face? She is hilarious.
ReplyDelete