Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!

We went to our first "Trunk or Treat" at the church this Saturday, and Gracie could not have been more excited to be (a) wearing a "princess dress" and (b) in possession of a wonderful pumpkin candy bucket. All month she has been spotting pumpkins everywhere from the Party City rooftop to people's front porches to hanging from the ceilings at Target, and every single one has thrilled her. When we finally got her pumpkin bucket on Saturday she took it everywhere with her. She showed it to a picture of a pumpkin we'd drawn on our fridge whiteboard and said, "I have one!" On Sunday she ran to the door with it each time trick-or-treaters came and exclaimed, "I have a pumpkin!!!" She even took it to nap with her. I have a feeling it will be hanging around for a while even though Halloween is over. :)

Excited princess on her way to the church party. Steve spent some time with her practicing how to say, "Trick or treat" before we left.


Her friends Carson and Everett cleverly dressed as roads, complete with matchbox cars running up and down their legs.


Meeting up with fellow princess, Abby.


The only picture I could get of all four girls in one place. :)


A little trick-or-treating action, supervised by Daddy.


When we were all done she flopped down to inspect the goods.


Annie and Gracie, completely oblivious to the party.


What could be better than a bucketful of candy?


Annie's mom unwrapped a dum-dum for her, but Gracie started chewing on the stick end before I got to hers. Luckily she caught up quickly once her wrapper was free.


Once inside, Gracie, Abby, and Coleson started a great game of running back and forth. I know the red-eye reduction looks terrible, but I just loved how Gracie had daintily lifted her dress up--very Disney princess, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little princess!! I love the picture of her looking in her bucket lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin