I've been working on some pom-poms for Gracie's room, to hang over her reading chair. I started out with these pink ones and then popped in some green ones. I still need to figure out what to do over her bed. I'm thinking of some diy adhesive birds, maybe?
Abby came over for a couple of day-long playdates while Suzi was in Illinois, and it was (a) refreshing to know that I was still alive and sane (twice) after each day of two-child parenting (no, that is not a hint, its just something I have to remind myself that I can do, SOMEday) and (b) really really fun to watch their antics. The girly screams! The super-serious dancing! And of course, the accessorizing. Love these two.
Steve had his spring break (I've got lots more to tell you about that, someday) and got to do some really good bonding with Gracie (and me, but when it comes to cute arm candy, I know when I'm beat).
Monday afternoon walk in our first really spring-like weather...
Cooking French toast together...
Being awesome to mommy by doing the dishes...
This is one of my favorite pictures right now.
Relaxing to our nightly ritual of watching Planet Earth (which Gracie calls the "animal show")...
And (random!!) my mac suddenly seized up and froze last weekend, so this Monday Gracie and I headed out to the closest Apple Store (in Greensboro! 40 minutes!). Only I got very lost, so it took us 1.5 hours to get there.
Happily, they fixed it while we waited for a few hours, and I got this cute little ham to hang out with. We shared oranges and rolls for lunch in the car and cruised through some fun window shopping at Anthropologie, REI, Williams Sonoma, and ULTA. We actually had a very fun day. :) I love having this little buddy around to adventure with. And her enthusiasm for things I love: when we drove back up to the storefront to pick up my repaired computer, a little voice piped up from the backseat, "Apple store!!!"
Monday afternoon walk in our first really spring-like weather...
Cooking French toast together...
Being awesome to mommy by doing the dishes...
This is one of my favorite pictures right now.
Relaxing to our nightly ritual of watching Planet Earth (which Gracie calls the "animal show")...
And (random!!) my mac suddenly seized up and froze last weekend, so this Monday Gracie and I headed out to the closest Apple Store (in Greensboro! 40 minutes!). Only I got very lost, so it took us 1.5 hours to get there.
Happily, they fixed it while we waited for a few hours, and I got this cute little ham to hang out with. We shared oranges and rolls for lunch in the car and cruised through some fun window shopping at Anthropologie, REI, Williams Sonoma, and ULTA. We actually had a very fun day. :) I love having this little buddy around to adventure with. And her enthusiasm for things I love: when we drove back up to the storefront to pick up my repaired computer, a little voice piped up from the backseat, "Apple store!!!"
You are not lazy, you are busy... and that is a good thing to be! I really love the pom pom's and I think you need to teach me how to make them, I want some! One day we must live near each other so we can do these fun projects together and let our kids play. Miss you cute lady!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking I haven't seen any Gracie pics in awhile. So thank you. I love that she said "apple store". You're pretty much raising a genious.
ReplyDeleteI love those pom poms! How did you make them?
ReplyDeleteThanks girls! They're super easy--I blogged it here since I did it a little differently (and cheaper) but you can also google "Martha Stewart Pom Poms" for her version.
ReplyDelete