Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ValenTimes 2010

I already regret not taking more pictures, but, c'est la vie, no? Fear not, though we don't have much photo evidence, we had a really good Valentine's day over here. The weekend started with us clearing out our couches for the Saturday arrival of a new sectional, but alas! Instead there was the arrival of a TEENY bit of snow and they delivery guys decided to sleep in. So that meant Sunday we were left with an empty living room. Not to be deterred, my Valentine whipped up an amazing "picnic" lunch, and we spread a blanket out on the floor to enjoy it during Miss Gracie's post-church nap.


Steve did a ton of Valentine cooking, which I loved because he is awesome at it. Our lunch consisted of an awesome Melting Pot recipe for spinach artichoke fondue. Ah-maze-ing. SO good. We had carrots, fresh bread, and apples to dunk, and sparkling Izzies for our beverage. Mmmm. I could eat that stuff all day.


We spent the afternoon watching the Olympics (and we both passed out for naps, too--church wears us out, I guess) and Gracie really enjoyed pretending to skate. (Our littlest Valentine got a homemade Elmo card and some sweet alphabet magnets for fridge-play, and was appropriately bored by the former, thrilled by the latter.) After she went to bed (late because she was being so cute about the Olympics) Steve whipped up some pasta primavera, which is one of his most recent specialties. Mmm again. I am all about being wooed with food. And to top off the evening he produced my own pint of Ben & Jerry's Phish Phood Ice Cream, which I didn't have to share. It was a super fun kick back way to celebrate our Valentimes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin