Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It Occurred to me Today at Barnes and Noble...


...that you can totally use your webcam to adjust your ponytail.

...and that I haven't yet shared my new year's goals with you. I already chose my word, which I shared with Jenna and Steve (mine, not Jenna's), but Steve and I never got around to having our goal evening. So he still owes me his goals (look out baby, this is your heads up--I'm coming for those goals!) but I am writing mine down here because I want to be ACCOUNTABLE. I trust you all to keep me to these. So...

Goals for Twenty-Ten
2  0  1  0

  1. Keep taking better care of my body. Last year I kicked my twenty-year sugar snacking habit and am now down to one dessert a day. I also focused on eating better and taking in more healthy calories. I worked out for a while and fell off the bandwagon. So I need to find a workout that I enjoy and will stick to, get more cardio, and hopefully finally lose the extra pudge from having Grace. Baby steps: smaller portions, mini-work outs, healthy snacks.
  2. Floss. At my last checkup, my dad could totally tell that I don't floss. So I'm going to floss three times a week. That should be doable.
  3. Look nice. Even when I'm just staying home all day. Make up, consciousness of my dress (like when I have an applesauce kiss on my shirt), jewelry. My husband is cute, and he likes these things.
  4. Write a book. Yep. I'm writing a book. Nothing life-changing for its future readers (hopefully, there will be some, anyway). It's just a short fictional novel, probably YA. And though I wrote it #4, this is goal #1 for the year. I'm trying to write a little every day. I'm up to 25,043 words. The typical novel is 60,000. And I'm pushing to get it done by April. Then I want to find an agent and work towards publication. In a year. It's been my one BIG LIFE GOAL for myself since forever. It just feels like time.
So that's it. I kept it pretty simple this year, except for the book thing, I guess. But even that I am breaking into little pieces, so it doesn't seem so bad. Steve is being super supportive and pushing me to really do it, and that has been amazingly helpful. He keeps me in line.

I know it's February, but is anybody still working toward a New Year's goal? Man up and tell me, I love hearing goals. :)

3 comments:

  1. We are! And Jamie, you look so pretty in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say those are all great goals. I didn't know that you were a writer. That is very exciting!
    I agree with Steve and Jenna, you look pretty in that picture, and every Sunday I always think to myself when I see you " she is so pretty!"
    Thanks for sharing your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie. I am impressed.

    Your goals are really inspriational. I think we all feel that way about the workout/eat healthy thing. For instance, it Friday (my goal was to work out 3 times this week), i've worked out zero, and I just had my 3rd cookie. I'm lame. But to celebrate, brett and I are going to cpk....yes!!!!

    Love you and miss you!

    PS: I would LOVE to read a book that you wrote! How freakin cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin