When Steve painted Gracie's bedroom sky blue as a surprise birthday present (for both of us!) I fell in love with the color. Up until then Gracie's room had been pretty much pink and brown with a pop of red here and there, but thinking back on my childhood I remember loving the bright colors and illustrations in children's books--I wanted Gracie's room to have that same whimsy and fun to it. So, taking inspiration from this gorgeous room (spotted on Ohdeedoh) I decided to frame up artwork from some of her picture books. I snagged a bunch of super-cheap frames at Goodwill and painted them all white, and today I finally got around to hanging them. Here's the before picture:
I read in Better Homes & Gardens about an easy way to hang pictures right--you cut out templates out of paper, tape them to the wall, hammer the nail through, and then just pull the paper away and hang your pictures. I used some wrapping paper to get started, and made sure to mark where the hanger for each would go (since they were thrifted they all had different hanger placement). Then I hammered in the nails, like so:
(I had to move some furniture around to do this, and Gracie was in heaven--it was like she had a whole new room.)
Here's a picture of what my wrapping paper templates looked like, too:
BEFORE:
AFTER:
So so cute!! That is a great idea!
ReplyDeleteAnd how did you turn that stuffed elephant into a Gracie?? I would like to do that too. I would buy a truckload of stuffed elephants and work that magic.