Gracie and I started our fall celebration by making a wreath for our front door, inspired by my friend Robyn. We got everything for it on sale, so it only cost about $3.50. Take THAT Pottery Barn! Gracie played with some spare leaves while I channeled my mama, pulled out a glue gun and stuck these babies into place.
For Christmas last year my parents gave us this super cute baby-footprint-as-a-ghost. (Ironically, we gave them the same thing, and both of them were made with baby Gracie feet--she was the only one who knew and she couldn't say anything!)
Gracie likes to greet it by pointing and yelling "Boo!" at it. We don't know how she learned that.
Glass pumpkins that mom mailed to me this time last year festive-up our kitchen table. She always sends excellent fall treats. This year we got a package with Gracie's loved and adored owl shirt, and yummmy chocolate bars for Steve and I.
Gracie and I made some Halloween mail for grandmas and grandpas. (Either she is advanced and can draw ghosts and write, or her mom got bored of sitting still while she scribbled.) This was her first time wielding a crayon and it entertained her for a lot longer than I thought it would.
Yummy, crunchy, crusted bread with hot soup for lunch. I love how your tummy feels warm after you have soup or cider or hot cocoa.
And this makes me smile every time we come home. Gracie always wants to touch it, and yells "ree! ree!" (wreath! wreath!) until I let her touch a leaf. I love her enthusiasm.
Hello, Fall. We're glad you're here. Get comfortable and stay a while.
I love this post, you and....and you're love of fall.
ReplyDeleteI am equally in love with this post. And I am equally in love with fall. And I am so jealous. Here in stupid California (that's how I feel about it right now) it is like 75-80 degrees out. I am FORCED to wear short sleeves still but I hate it! I'm so sick of them. Bring on the sweaters and scarves and what not. And if one more weather forecaster person on the news or radio says, "it's a beautiful day today! yay! let's enjoy this while it lasts," I am going to scream at them! We already enjoyed it. It lasted all summer. Let's move on!! (Can you tell I want to wear my cute scarves and sweaters? Just wondering.)
ReplyDeleteI am so ready for Fall. Bring it on! I want to wear sweaters and pile on the blankets at night. Enjoy your East coast weather. We will be sweating in our Halloween costumes yet again in sunny SoCal.
ReplyDelete