Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Right Now

Things I want to remember about life right now:

Gracie
  • Can now say a goofy handfull of words, in addition to "Ma," "Da," "All done," and "What's that?" These include "cheese," "baby," "fish," and "teeth." She LOVES pointing to our (or her) teeth, and she loves babies so much that she exclaimed "BABY!" loudly in the middle of a very quiet part of church.
  • Still refuses to walk, but crawls SO fast she is like a little baby lightning bolt.
  • Makes lots of animal sounds (and, awkwardly enough, sometimes moos at people). Her newest ones are hooting like an owl and a cute monkey sound, "ooh-ah!"
  • Loves finding our belly buttons, and playing hide and seek if we jump out and say "boo" to her.
  • Can finally eat a lot of foods whole, like noodles.
  • Signs "more," "noodle," and "cheese." (She really loves cheese.)
  • Can still be found most days reading in the book alcove in her room.
  • Can shake her booty. And its so cute.
  • Has just transitioned to one nap. Good or bad? We will see.
Steve
  • Likes med school. Woo!
  • Tells me a lot of things about the human body that I never knew before, like that cranial nerve 11 is not a cranial nerve at all, the poser.
  • Cannot get enough of watching The IT Crowd and The Office on Netflix. Luckily I can also speak mostly in Office quotes when required. It's like a new language.
  • Is feeling more comfortable with his life balance. I can tell, because he cooks again sometimes.
  • Is still the best part of my day. (Well, him and Gracie, obviously.)
Jamie
  • Getting more organized, closer to keeping the house immaculate (Hey, I said closer.) and feeling more capable as a wife/mom/housekeeper/cook/marketing developer/multi-tasker.
  • Loving my circle of friends and all the activities we do! Playdates, book clubs, running, dinners. So fun.
  • Messed up my knee running, but I think I'll try it again next week... Hopefully I don't read this later and regret that decision.
  • Sewing + crafting again after a long hiatus. So nice to be settled so I can spread my craft stuff out. I finally have a whole piece of furniture dedicated only to that! :)
  • Reading, reading, reading. I may have finally recovered from majoring in writing/lit, which put me off my usually voracious reading habits for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin