So our Gracie girl turned one this August, while she and I were out visiting Ems, Rick, and beautiful baby Adelaide. She got to celebrate with her new cousin, her mama, and two aunties, and we really did it up right. Emily made her a delicious strawberry shortcake (and she would only eat the strawberries), and we spent the ENTIRE day watching Anne of Green Gables 1 + 2 on DVD. It was a perfect girl day. :)
When we came home, we had a second mini-birthday party with Steve. We ate "Grace-adillas" (ok ok, actually just quesidillas) for dinner, and then sang as we handed her her very own cupcake. It took her a while to figure out it was food, but when she got that down she was very happy to take a bite, suck off the frosting, and spit out the cake part. :) Atta girl! She got lots of very fun presents from her grandparents, great grandparents, and adoptive grandparents--and in the mail yesterday she got the CUTEST hand knitted dress from her Aunt Jessica!
Here is the ham in action, with her beloved cupcake. Never a dull moment with this girl. Oooh we love her!
Jamie! Look at her! She is becoming such a little person. No longer a baby ball! I love it! She's sooooo cute with that hair. Oh my gosh. I love it! Tell Gracie I said so. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the middle picture! I think it should go on the front of a birthday card with a funny caption in a talking/thinking bubble.
ReplyDeletehaha, cute! I love pictures where babies have frosting everywhere.
ReplyDelete