
Well, it is 9.5 months now since Gracie was born, we've been done with nursing for a month and a half, and still this little lingering pooch of baby-tummy remains. Its time to face the fact that my body will never be the same. No more munching of chocolate cupcakes simply because it's 3 o'clock and I like some cake with Ellen. No more, no more.
But actually, I'm kind of glad. Since I got pregnant with Grace, I've eaten healthier than at any other point in my life. Instead of a mid-afternoon brownie, I eat--get this--an apple or a piece of cheese for a snack. I've replaced some of my usual fatty desserts with a glass of chocolate milk (I can't give up the daily chocolate). I do yoga five times a week. Me. Doing yoga. Which means exercising. Regularly. I stuck with that last new years resolution. You guys, it's JUNE! And I STUCK to a New Year's Resolution!!! It is like a miracle!
And while my tummy may be fighting me (seriously, in downward facing dog pose it dangles there like some weird jello-y fifth appendage and makes me really struggle with my self esteem as my DVD-instructor urges me, "Look at your belly button!" Please! Anybody have thoughts about how to burn off this last bit of jello? :) )... But anyway, though that ponch may be fighting me, the rest of my body is getting stronger. I can tell because I can now do all the exercise in the 30 minute "Express Workout" (Gracie always wakes up if I try to do anything longer). Sweet.
And I bought a new bathing suit. It is red. So there, tummy.
Jamie. I hope we do share a big dessert again someday. Someday soon would be even better. I was on the phone with my mom when I saw your comment. So I asked her and since she does not have a blog she said to comment on the same post she comments on and she'll read it there. Then we chatted about Jamie's cute blog a little and agreed that you do the blog cuter than anyone else!! Love you guys! Hug Gracie for me.
ReplyDeleteWhat?!?!? Jenna thinks your blog is cuter than mine :)...well it is of course, you have an adorable baby to post about, that kicks it up a few notches at least. Then there are also your very witty comments. So yes, you have a VERY incredible blog!
ReplyDeleteI didn't notice this "belly" you speak of and I have no suggestions. If you figure it out let me know. Congrats on keeping your resolution!