I think a lot. Ask Steve. He likes to ask me what I'm thinking at random moments. So here is what I'm thinking about right now:
- Remaking. Lots of things. Starting with repainting and re-hardwaring our desk. I like this tutorial. We got some brushed nickel hardware from Home Depot that is simple but modern like the nightstand in this post from Making it Lovely.
- Pregnancies. They seem to be cropping up everywhere! It's fun, after being pregnant, to watch other people being pregnant--especially people I love. My sweet sister-in-law Emily is having baby #1, a girl, in August. I love reliving fun things from my Gracie-pregnancy with her--talking about kicks, weird symptoms, and first heartbeats. And I get to throw a baby shower! Also, I was fascinated by this site, Pacing the Panic Room, when I came across it--this guy's wife looks so good at 27 weeks! I love that she used this American Apparel dress for maternity-wear. I am determined to be hotter next pregnancy. Is that tacky? But what I mean is: less sweat pants, more hair-washing. ;) Not a lofty goal, really. And I've realized that I've pretty much entered the years during which I will be pregnant a lot. There are good and bad parts about that.
- Moving. Still don't know where we'll be at the end of the month. Honestly, its very frustrating. We have an application in at Copper Creek in San Elijo but it will be 2-6 weeks before we hear if we're in or not. I am the type of person who likes to build a nest, and I just want to move on and get our little family re-settled wherever it is we need to be.
- Field Trips. We've been in San Diego for years now, and are only just now beginning to explore it, because we feel (or I feel) like time is ticking by! So we've been exploring, and hopefully will continue to explore. Its more fun with Gracie, even though she won't remember, because it feels like family outings.
- "Mama." Gracie can do several tricks now, including waving and mimicking tongue clicks. She also says "Mama" but hasn't yet figured out to attach a meaning to it. I am amazed at how connected she is with us now--she bounces to be picked up, vocalizes and chats all the time, watches our every move. It is so fun!
I love all your random thoughts. If you ever need a fellow explorer please let me know because I am more than up for it! And then you can meet our little Emma.
ReplyDeletewow - you are doing some good thinking for having new mom brain. I swear 9 out of 10 times Im thinking about what im supposed to be doing or where im supposed to be going! And I hear you about your pregnancy goal - its not tacky! the first time around is sheer survival if you ask me. Im hoping it gets easier.Brigitte still refuses to do anything with her hands except suck her thumb (no waving for us) but she will say mama incessantly and cling to my pant leg if she wants picked up out of her walker. I love it - so nice to feel needed! We are coming to SD in a few weeks, I hope we can get together somehow and let the babies meet!
ReplyDelete