Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Field Trip: Balboa Park

Steve has had some days off here + there and has charmingly agreed to adventure about with Gracie and I. A few weeks ago we hit the Cabrillo Lighthouse(s), but I think I left the pictures of that on our other computer. :p

Today we decided to hit Free Tuesday at Balboa Park (four museums are free every Tuesday!). Someone had manured the landscaping recently, so we enjoyed seeing kids hold their noses and hearing children comment on how the place smelled like poo in both English and Spanish. :) Funny. Steve was convinced he had stepped or sat in dog poop (happily this was not the case).

We explored the Natural History Museum, which was surprisingly small but fun. It was jam packed, but we did get to see some very cool nature photos, learn about water, and view lots of dinosaur and ancient walrus bones, etc. Afterward we picnicked on the grass: bagels, fruit, and cheese for Steve and I, a bottle of Similac for Miss Grace.


Gracie and Mama picnicking.



Daddy helps Gracie sit on a trilobite.


Giant Koi! One of my favorite parts of Balboa Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin