Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentimes.

Lucky us--our Valentimes were plentiful this year. They started off last week when Gracie received her first ever Valentine card from her grandparents. It featured Elmo and glitter and was a big hit, as you see:


Friday she and I did a little photoshoot so we could send a Valentine to her grandparents. Please notice her pink clothes and that she is holding a block with a heart on it. These things are not coincidence.


Steve and I did our Valentine's date on Friday night (Chris & Erin watched Gracie that night and we watched their little one the next evening... It was a good trade-off!). Steve made us tacos for dinner, which were delicious as always, and then we drove down to La Jolla to see "Taken" at their AMC, which had the only showing late enough to be after Gracie's bedtime but early enough that we wouldn't fall asleep halfway through. We are parents! It was good--intense!

Steve also gave me my gifts on Friday night, which were a gorgeous bouquet and a rosebush (on which we will grow a dozen roses). Our weeding (and song-singing) experience inspired him, and he even planted it for me! So far it is happy and flourishing!

Saturday Steve had to work, but I still wanted him to have as Valentine-y a day as possible, so I made him this loving toast:

And I colored his milk pink.


When he got home from work I presented him with his gifts, a mini-scrapbook of mushiness and love (below, with my pretty bouquet) and a video game for the new xBox we got at Christmas. Romance!

We finished up the day by getting awesome free pairs of shoes from New Balance, and snuggling up while the babies (ours and Mason) slept. All in all, some very nice Valentimes. :) And I love both of mine. xo

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you went and saw a movie. I cannot even remember the last time I have been to the theatres. That scrapbook looks super cute. I love how thoughtful and creative you are. I need some tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, Steve and I are probably driving down for Krystle's wedding on Thursday night, the 19th. Can I FINALLY meet Gracie on Friday, March 20th!???!!? What are you up to that day? Don't turn me down!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin