Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gracie McKenna



When Steve and I first started discussing Miss Gracie's name (inspired by the Ben Folds song "Gracie" long before we even knew we were going to end up happily married and with a Miss Gracie at all... you should listen to it...) we thought it was pretty unique. We didn't know a ton of Graces--in fact I can only think of two I've ever met.

Then suddenly when we found out we were having a girl and decided on the name for sure, baby Graces started popping up everywhere. Steve's dad met a woman from Georgia with a Grace granddaughter, our OB said she'd met three Graces-to-be in the past month...

Then she was born, named, and suddenly we realize that everyone has a Grace or a Gracie! A woman at church asked me her name this week and replied "Oh, that's my daughter's name!" And then two days ago I was poking through the baby pajamas at Target and heard a daddy telling his Gracie to come back over to him.

So I guess we weren't that original, but to our Grace McKenna is a perfect Gracie to me. Her name comes from a lot of thought and love--not only the Ben Folds song, but locked in when I realized what a miracle it was to be able to be pregnant with her. A gift of grace, without a doubt. Our Gracie girl.

2 comments:

  1. I love that my rattle is in like every picture. She really does love that thing! Jamie isn't just lying to make me feel good! Yay! Glad to be of service, Gracie. Oh and Gracie, I think you are the special-ist of all those Gracies out there. You're my fav.

    Love,
    Your sister in pinkness, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both adorable pictures of little Gracie. If it makes you feel better, I haven't met any Graces or Gracies in my job. Of course, the names are more like Shaniqua, Khry'ste'en'huh, or Rickie/Rickquelle/Rickhi (siblings with father Ricky), so perhaps we shouldn't use my clients as a point of comparison...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin