Sunday, December 13, 2015

Things They Say: Kissing Advice, Broken Trees, and What Jules Learned from Daniel Tiger


Kissing Advice
Charlie: You shouldn't kiss lips unless you're a grown up. Otherwise that's called stinky lips kiss.


Amphibious Opposites
Charlie has been really interested in opposites lately. We've covered a lot of them, usually on car rides, and he's got the basics down and likes to tell me randomly things like up is the opposite of down, or dark is the opposite of light. Also, frogs:

Charlie: What's the opposite of a frog on a beach?
Me: ...
Charlie: NO frog on a beach!


Not the Droid he was Looking For
Charlie (pointing to broken a tree): That tree got malfunctioned.


Upside Down Smiling
Charlie (grumpily): Your grumpy face makes my smile snap off.


Ultimate Birthday Breakfast
Steve (to Charlie): What do you want for your birthday breakfast, buddy?
Charlie: Hmm... Maybe... sugary hot dogs.

Steve and I have to duck down on the sofa to hide the fact that we are now shaking with silent laughter because WHAT? 

Steve (having regained control of himself): Sugary hot dogs?
Charlie: Yeah... With anything you WANT inside!

(...we talked him in to Panera instead.)




What Jules Learned from Daniel Tiger
Okay, first, if you are unfamiliar with the Daniel Tiger song "Grown Ups Come Back" just watch just the first two lines of this song, starting at 0:13.



With that context, here's what I heard from the back seat the other day.

Juliette: Do-oh-nuts come back!
Me: Haha. No. It's grown ups come back. Grown ups.
Juliette: I need some donuts in Juliette's mouth.

1 comment:

  1. The Daniel Tiger comment is the best! I will now think of Juliette and donuts every time I see Daniel Tiger. Precious.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin