Saturday, November 14, 2015
Things They Say: Boy Bands, Problem Solving, and a Medical Vocabulary Lesson.
Charlie on patients.
Charlie: A "patient" at the doctor is a dead body.
Charlie's only criteria for a new house.
Charlie (watching a moving truck be unloaded next door): What's a moving truck for?
Me: When you move to a new house, you put all your furniture and your toys and your clothes in it, and the moving truck takes it to the new house.
Charlie: Hahaha! All our skinny, skinny toys!??
Me: Yeah.
Charlie (conspiraitorily): How about we move to a house with a security camera? How awesome would THAT be?
Perilous hobbies.
Charlie: Are you going to sew next week?
Me: Hmmm, I'm not sure.
Charlie: Or are you going to yarn?
(Yarn means crochet or knit.)
Me: Maybe I'll "yarn."
Charlie: Yeah! That doesn't sound very dangerous!
The eternal problem of boy bands.
Listening to a One Direction song in the minivan.
Charlie: I know if this is a boy or a girl: IT'S A GIRL.
The final frontier.
Charlie: If I ever go to the galaxy, I'm going to wear shoes so my feet don't get burned.
Juliette's catch twenty-two.
The computer is in our kitchen, right next to the kitchen table. This has made it necessary to make some ground rules about when the kiddos can/can't disturb mom & dad while we work. A few days ago Steve was on kid-duty while I did a rundown of the budget, and Squish was conflicted. She knew that only mom could give her what she wanted, but she could also see that I was technically unavailable.
She came up to me as I was typing, wrapped her chubby toddler fingers around my arm and leaned in to whisper veeeeery quietly (so as not to disturb me?): "Mommy, I need a banana."
[More things they've said.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment